Thursday, February 26, 2009

We've got a place!

We're going to Florida for Spring Break this year as in other years.
We start daydreaming about beach sounds and squinting in warm sunlight.
The excitement ramped up a couple of notches when we found a condo that was available.
My wife called me. I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"Well, we've got a place!" she said.
Something about having a place down there-- our place-- makes it more real.
More real, more exciting.
Daydreaming gives way to planning. What should we do now in light of then?!

“If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most
for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next.
It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world
that they have become so ineffective in this.” C. S. Lewis

"There are many rooms in my Father's house...
I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment